Wednesday, May 30, 2012

IV. Reflection in Literature

             Being a college student, having summer classes doesn't make me happy for it makes me feel like it ruins my summer vacation. But since it is required for us to attend the summer class in able for us to graduate, I enrolled my summer subjects.


             After I had enrolled, I was wondering if who would be my teacher in Literature, and when I found out that Mrs. Remedios Dellera would be my teacher, I was happy because I've already tried to be in her class when I was in my first year, first semester. Everyone thinks that Mrs. Dellera was so strict, but for me I like her and I really want her to be my teacher.


             During our first meeting, Ma'am Dellera recognized me, for as what I've said, I was her student before. I was happy to know that she still remember me. During that time, she already gave us assignment and topics for us to study. Then during our second meeting, she allows us to transfer to other teachers. She let us choose if we want to transfer, either to Ma'am Ventura or to Ma'am Cerezo. Few of my classmates left and others stayed.


             As our class with Ma'am Dellera started, I've had learned a lot from her, we discuss legends and we had also shared our chosen legends in front of our classmates. We also tackled proverbs and try to explain it. It was very fun for me because we really tried our best to master the legends, explain the proverbs, speak English with proper diction, good grammar and build our own self confidence to stand in front of our classmates from different year levels.


            Ma'am Dellera also assigned us to research on different riddles and during our class we throw riddles and one of our classmates will try to answer it. For me, it was really fun for we also heard funny riddles. We also tackled Ballad songs and relate it to our own life experiences. I've shared Kenny Roger's song " Through the years " for it relates me with my father. Every story that was shared was nice and interesting to hear.


            And the last topic that we have discuss was Epic and we learned different epics of different places. And as our class with Ma'am Dellera has to end, I feel no regret of choosing her as my teacher in Literature for I really enjoyed what we have experienced, and that enjoyment that I felt will remain inside me.





No comments:

Post a Comment